Friday, January 18, 2008

One Book


Because I have been superpoking Jenn on Facebook she tagged me to do this meme. And since the most common answer I'd give would be The Bible I'll instead tell you my second choice. Plus, just for Jenn (or anyone who may be interested in reading them), a whole bunch of poems by Rumi.

1. One Book That Changed Your Life:
Messy Spirituality by Mike Yaconelli - Taught me it is ok for me to get it wrong once in a while and I will not always get it.

2. One Book You Have Read More Than Once:
Too Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee - Loved it since highschool. In fact, it could easily go up in number one as well.

3. One Book You'd Want On A Desert Island:
Probably an anthology of sorts. There is one of the worlds famous speaches. It's over a thousand pages long so it would keep me occupied for a while.

4. Two Books That Made You Laugh:
A Handful Of Dust by Evelyn Waugh - A commedy of manners. I couldn't stop laughing reading this book. It made looking propper seem so ridiculous.

Come Blow Your Horn by Neil Simon - I was in this play in school. It's just silly.

5. One Book That Made You Cry:
On Parole by Akira Yoshimura - the ending killed me.

6. One Book You Wish You'd Written:
The Wasteland by TS Elliot

7. One Book You Wish Was Never Written
I agree with Jenn

8. Two Books You Are Currently Reading:
Walden by Thoreau
The Collected Poems Of CK Williams

9. One Book You've Been Meaning To Read:
I think Mcormac's No Country For Old Men or Into The Wild.

If you are interested in doing this consider yourself tagged.

Labels: ,

posted by Out Of Jersey | 11:14 AM

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennwith2ns said...

How did To Kill a Mockingbird not end up in MY list? Good grief. I must have Alzheimer's for sure.

(Poke.)

3:03 PM  
Blogger Darrell said...

I've heard it said that the Coen's film adaptation of No Country... really sticks to the source material. The movie is outstanding, by the way.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Awesome meme! Mine is posted at http://monkeyreads.blogspot.com

Having read and loved both of your "Meaning to Read" books I can't wait to hear what you think of them. Also brought to mind an earlier post of yours about Kerouac's Complete Scroll, which I still haven't gotten around to reading yet - have you?

1:05 PM  
Blogger Art said...

Very interesting... I may do this.

12:51 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Jenn,
A friend of mine put a book (Donald Hall's Without) on his list and i thoguht the same thing.

Darrell,
That's what I am hoping. With all the hype they have been getting I am very curious.

Chris,
I forgot all about that. I'll probably comment on the scroll in the near future.

Art,
I look forward to seeing yours.

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home