Monday, December 03, 2007

Old Snow And Other Musings


In reference to my previous post I was asked where I would start with Bei Dao's work. Definately with Old Snow. Besides being some of his strongest work it is his most cohesive book since it spans a greater portion of his exile and reflects his feelings during that time.

Also, I'd like to thank Millinerd for coming down and speaking for my churches young adult group this past friday night. He spoke on film and using them to explain our christian worldview. It was a lively discussion and it was great to be able to spend time with him and his wife for an evening. Even if he did share the dreaded plantain incident.

Labels:

posted by Out Of Jersey | 12:26 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger millinerd said...

Any time Rev. Your readers will remain in suspense, I suppose, about the plantain.

Though "Dreaded Plantain Incident" could be a band name, picking up where String Cheese Incident left off.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Jennwith2ns said...

I like plantains. Perhaps I would like them less if I knew the incident? Anyway, my real question is, Cube Rev, did you actually get that young adults' group started? I remember you being a little skeptical about it or something . . .

4:05 PM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Millinerd,
Some things are best kept in mystery.

Jenn,
We had our first meeting this past friday night which Millinerd was nice enough to come down for and speak. It was very positive.

5:23 AM  
Blogger Art said...

I thought I had commented on this already... anyway, your readers want... no, demand to hear about the plantain incident! ;)

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home