Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Goodbye to God, Money Money Money, and Matt Makes A Review


Since I seem to find so many good things to share with you guys I think instead of publishing them when I find them setting a time out every few weeks or so and do them at one shot. Hope you enjoy this Miscellany.

Atheists become vocal and angry!

The difference between the churches that have versus the ones that have not. Judge for yourselves, but am I the only person who thinks that the richer churches could use their money in better ways like, at the very least, buying that poor guy a new car!?

Are we running ourselves too ragged these days? I have to admit recently I was doing so much that a good friend of mine said I had become so angry over the last few years. Big time Burnout! I am starting to learn to say no.

And my buddy Matt has published a book review.

Labels:

posted by Out Of Jersey | 8:23 PM

7 Comments:

Blogger jasdye said...

angry atheists isn't new or news. although it gets me thinking of how people have debated ideas (and oftentimes - and certainly in the church - the slightest variations of ideas) instead of modes and ways of living and interacting.

what i find fascinating is that is what Hitchens thinks that he is doing. though honestly, he really is being a bigot. and i don't mean to say that in a hateful way (then again, he doesn't strike me as the lovable archie bunker type of bigot either), but in a way that prothero says better: he only looks at the negative that is played out in the name of religion and not, say, the negative in the name of anti-religion or atheism.

it's really a shame, however, that almost half of americans don't like atheists and that they're vilified b/c of a few loudmouth nutcases. hmmm... kinda reminds me of a couple religions i know...

6:47 PM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

I always called him the Jerry Falwell of atheists.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Art said...

"... the Jerry Falwell of atheists..." :)

And that burnout can really get you if you're careful. Say "no" and say it as often as you need to. You've got to take care of yourself.

11:59 AM  
Blogger millinerd said...

Thanks for the shout-out Rev.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Darrell said...

It would be easier for me to believe that atheists really don't believe in God if so many of them weren't so clearly angry at Him.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Too_Lively said...

I agree with Darrell. But then, I am not sure why people get so angry over matters of God, anyway. That may sound naive or silly of me, but I see no problem in having certain beliefs and coexisting peacefully and easily with others of differing beliefs as long as those beleifs aren't hurting someone else.

Maybe I am silly, humans have been warring over these topics for centuries. Who am I to say such disagreements can be so easily avoided?

8:26 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Art,
Burnout I think is the easiest thing a christian can do. We don't want to say no because we want to help out.

Millinerd,
No problem man. It's well deserved.

Darrell,
I never thought of that man. It is amazing how angry they are at God though they do not believe.

Too--
You aren't silly, probably more mature than most people.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home