Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A Change Of Mind


UPDATE: Check out what she just made. I've never been anyone's inspiration before.




I try to get out and see what is going on in the world of art, music, theater, etc. in order to share what I find with people and open their eyes, hopefully, to something they had never experienced before. I consider art to be a spiritual act, a devotional to God through words, music, or visual art, a way to try and explain the things that we wrestle with. Whenever I hear someone tell me someone is trying to explain themselves, or try to shaie their feelings, I shudder. Can you shoot any lower? Most true artists I know do it not as a way to share their feelings, but as a compulsion, trying to wrestle the demons who followed them around their entire lives. Dare I say it is an indwelling of the Holy Spirit? How else can you explain the Psalms? Twisted Soda is one such artist. I was never one to go for collage art. It never appealed to me. I've changed my mind. Her work mixes media like I mix ingredients to make soup. At the time I may not understand it entirely, but I sure can enjoy the result. I'd like to thank her for giving me permission to post a few pieces of her work.

There are a few days left to send in your guest blogs for the assignment.

posted by Out Of Jersey | 8:07 PM

9 Comments:

Blogger Shesawriter said...

I'm particularly drawn to the top piece and the phrase, "Believe in the Journey." Now there's the rub. That has to be one of the hardest things to do, especially when the road is filled with potholes and bumps. :-)

Tanya

11:06 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

Love, love, love her work! I'm so glad that you shared it.

And I love this line, CR: "I consider art to be a spiritual act, a devotional to God through words, music, or visual art, a way to try and explain the things that we wrestle with." Amen.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Tanya,
Her work really speaks to me, at the risk of sounding trite, she really sees the beautiful in things.

Cate,
Maybe I'm full of myself, I don't know, but if we were to read the Psalms honestly we can see the artistry and poetry in them. King David was just as much an artist as prophet.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Lita said...

I am totally speechless. It looks so much different here than on my site. Its almost like I am seeing it for the first time again.

I am so touched that you wanted to post my pictures. I guess in short, the only reason I have ever drawn or written on my blog is to relive the past, get over it, move on to the next journey. And...isn't that what this life is for? There are so many lessons to learn...I'm trying.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Twisted,
I hope I didn't open any closed wounds. I just thought your pictures were so expressive.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's some great stuff!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Shesawriter said...

That pic is so YOU. She did a fantastic job. :-)

Tanya

6:21 AM  
Blogger MJJ Insider said...

Its been awhile since Ive checked you out mate. This art is great, she sure is talented. I hope you're doing well and that life is treating you fantastically.

xxx
Jess

7:03 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Carmel & Tanya,
Didn't she do a great job? Made me look good.

Andrea,
You are right, I stopped short. I was thinking about that as well, uplifting the beautiful while showing the ugly to be wanting.

Hey kiddo, welcome back, it's good to see you.

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home