Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I Am A Huge Nerd


I was not always the cool guy you have come to know and love. Back in the day I spent my weekends watching Doctor Who and playing Dungeons and dragons. My after school activities included marching band and drama club and made extra money working in a video store. I ran with a pretty hip crowd. As I got older a lot of things I enjoyed like comic books, punk music, and video games, which resulted in my becoming cool…. To 15 year olds. My peers still consider me a huge nerd. Over the years I tried to keep my interests on the down low. With the exception of a few sci-fi posters and my extensive library that can be written off as the guilty pleasures everyone enjoys. Over the past few months several roommates moved in chipping away at the outer shell of cool that I built around me to reveal the nerd beneath. My world of coolness is quickly unravelling. I am running a nerd half-way house of guys who all work in video game stores and who own:


1, 2

3, 4

5 video game systems!



a room with 2 computers

And the nail in the coffin....




...an x-box door matt!

So reluctantly come out of the closet as the huge nerd that I am. In fact, I feel like there is a huge weight that has come off my shoulders. This is how God made me and how I shall remain for the rest of my life. It ain't a bad thing.

And don't forget the guest blog assignment. I'm interested in your imput.

UPDATE:

To innaugurate my coming out as a nerd and because so many people hated the picture of me I'd like to introduce you to Ingus, the monkey nerd and my new picture. Enjoy. Hat tip to Lutherpunk for introducing me to the world of wierd monkeys.

posted by Out Of Jersey | 3:27 PM

15 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love that post! 2 computers, I could only wish, that way, when one is behaving badly, I can use the other! :)

4:18 PM  
Blogger Preachrboy said...

"half-way" house? Looks pretty complete to me.

ya big nerd.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Carmel,
trust me, it ain't all that.

Preach,
don't try to be funny. It don't suit you.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Zeke said...

Hey, that pad must get some major chick traffic, huh?

8:38 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

say it ain't so, say it ain't so

7:30 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

wait is this really any different from any other house with four guys? I think you are more normal that you realize

7:31 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

zeke,
usually they just make it to the door, see the mat and just turn around and walk away.

Katie,
There were several details I left out involving certain conventions and waiting in line for certain movies.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

ha ha ha. that was really funny. I'm sure if everyone was really honest, we'd all have a few "nerdy" qualities. The new pic is rather...... interesting!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

What's not to love about the monkey?

8:45 AM  
Blogger Lita said...

and lastly you forgot one thing that is all famous in the bachelor house....THE FRIDGE!!! What's in yours???

I seem to like comics, computers and kookiness (not a c word but it fits) Your pretty normal in my world Cube!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

KrisT,
That's not nerdy. A bit wierd and obsessive, but not nerdy.

Twisted,
I don't have anything on my fridge. Just a few pictures of loved ones. I do have an Andre the Giant bobble head though.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Cate said...

Love the monkey--he's got style.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Cate,
Everyone hated the pic of me, but they love the ugly monkey. Should I be insulted?

Wendy,
Want it? come and take it. My room mate dorkified my house.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Darrell said...

Love the doormat. I am OBSESSED with Halo. Well, these days, with Halo 2. Do you guys game on Xbox live? If so, we'll have to meet up sometime and you can shoot me over and over again. Yes, I'm obsessed with Halo 2, but I'm terrible at it.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

I have gotten over my obsession, after cracking one night after having been indoors for 15 hours straight on one of the most beautiful nights in months I decided to sell my x-box.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home