Friday, February 03, 2006

Ask Me Any Question: Part 2


Logan asked, What is the biggest flaw that you see in Christians Today? If you could be any famous person who would you be and why?

Disingenuosness. We do not open up to each other and really share what is going on in our lives. Whatever our struggles and fears are we tend to keep them to ourselves. And many christians I know struggle in silence and it's a shame. And I'd want to be William Carlos Williams an incredible poet who lived in NJ and was the father of modern 20th century. A great mind.

  • Logan, I pass the same question back to you.

Kristi asked, Is there something that your parents did that you swore you would never do, and now you find yourself doing it? What is it?

Five words, "What is wrong with you?" my parents used to say that to me all the time and it iritated me. Now I find myself saying it all the time. Felt a tad demeaning, like there was something wrong with me.

  • Kristi, what is the one thing someone could call you to really set you off?

Shenna asked, What was your most embarrassing moment in life?

This is something I have never, ever shared with people. There are a few who know and either they were there or some how found out by someone other than me. It isn't flattering because it was during a time of my life where I became so withdrawn that I was socially awkward. Never dated, had maybe one real friend, never really went out, etc. I met a woman and asked her out, she said ok, but was busy. I called her up again she said ok again, but was busy. This went on for some time until someone I know came to me and told me how she wasn't really interested and didn't want to hurt my feelings, but I was bothering her and didn't know what to do about it and wished I'd stop calling. It almost caused some problems. I couldn't understand why she didn't just tell me until letting it go on as long as it had. Fortunately it got settled. Haven't talked to her or seen her since. I literally never told anyone this, even people who ask I refuse to tell them. Fortunately I've come out of my shell since then.

  • What was your most embarrasing moment?

Eddo asked, Why did you start blogging and how did you hear about it for the first time?

I first heard about it through Millinerd who was a friend from high school. His sister was in my class and we had our high school reunion and she told me about Matt's blog. So I started checking it out and seeing how you could really use it to spread information. I am a writer and thought it'd be a great way to get my writing out there and share about the things I enjoy and my faith.

  • If you could have your dream job, what would it be?


TB Vick asked, If you could choose only one of these virtues to define who you are as a person, which one would you choose?Truthfulness, Faithfulness, Benevolence, or Nonmaleficence

I'd take Benevolence because it seems to have the qualities in the fruits of the spirit. Which are considered to be the highest virtues a christian can attain. They are all encompassing, because if you are benevolent wouldn't you be truthful and faithful as well? The first two are just aspects of benevolence.

  • Since there are two T Vicks on this blog, do you think we should have a T Vick off to see who is the true T vick?

Natalie asked, If you met the 18yr-old version of yourself on the street and went out to coffee, what would you talk about?

I'd tell him to be patient, that it will get hard for a long while, but it will get better later on. To not be so scared or allow others opinions of him affect him so much. To not take his loved ones for granted for they won't be around forever. To seek God more honestly. To not take myself so seriously. And to start shaving my head at 18 instead of waiting until I was in my mid 20's.

  • You are with the 35 year old version of yourself, what would you talk about?

David W asked, If you met Jesus in person what question would you ask him?

Did I waste my time on a lot of worthless crap? Am I even close to getting it right?

  • If you could go back to any period of time in your life what would you change or not change and why?

posted by Out Of Jersey | 10:27 AM

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I look forward to reading their answers and getting to know more of your readers.
Bless ya cubes x

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd ask her if she's happy and if there's anything she would have done differently or taken more time with. I wouldn't want to know *what* I was going to experience in the next 15 years (that would ruin the surprise!), I'd want to know how I should experience it.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Carmel,
Yeah it's a fun way to get to know each other.

Nat,
That's how I felt it about meeting the younger me.

5:32 PM  
Blogger shes_a_sprite said...

These were great! I love how honestly you answer everything, and the thought your readers put into the questions they asked! :) way to go rev!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

The one thing people could call me to really set me off would be a "fake".

10:24 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Sprite,
I believe in honesty. What type of hypocrate would I be if I didn't open up about myself?

Kristi,
Aye, fakers aren't cool.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

everyone hates the fakers!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

Ah rev, that didn't seem so bad, but I'm sure you felt humiliated.

I'd have to say my most embarrassing moment so far (I'm sure there are more to come!) is one day at work I was wearing a long flowing skirt - I went to the ladies room and proceeded back across the lobby to my work area, not realizing my skirt was stuck in the top of my nylons, revealing my whole rear end for all to see. Now that is embarrassing!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Now that's a good one!

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home