Wednesday, December 28, 2005

What I'm Digging




St. Bernard of Clairvaux - On Loving God It's a short read, approximately 30 pages, but the weight of the work more than makes up for it. It is rare to see a book so basically discuss loving God. Something tells me if they were it'd be more of an inspirational book with a Thomas Kincade painting in it. You can download it here for free.



Belgian Ale - Anything that has been brewed for the past 500 years has to be good. A few co-workers turned me onto this. It's a big expensive, that one bottle cost's about 4 bucks a bottle. Probably some of the best beer you'll ever drink and great as a treat.

Christmas In The Clouds - This movie completely snuck up on me. I never heard of it and saw it on a whim. Am I glad I did. It was a real feel good movie, without being sappy. I very rarely leave a movie feeling good and content. Like everything is right with the world. And it was written by someone from NJ, near where I live, so you know it has to be good.

posted by Out Of Jersey | 6:31 PM

10 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I have always wanted to try that ale but wasn't willing to pay the $4 incase it was really awful. I really like hoegarten beer. Have you had it?

7:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I should try this Belgian Ale, I had a really good beer once when I was in LA. It was something made by Krauss, I wish I could remember the actual name.

8:52 PM  
Blogger MJJ Insider said...

I find that most beer tastes like arse! Maybe Ive only had bad beer!! lol.

11:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Soo Jess, how do you know that it tastes like that? lol just kidding

3:42 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Michelle,
It's well worth the four dollars. They are flavorful and tend to have more aclohol than the regular beer, so you want to pace yourself. Trust me, I found that out the hard way.

Jess,
Are you in the habit of tasting arse? Australians are wierd.

Carmel,
There's nothing like a belgian ale. I actually prefer it to Guiness.

4:24 AM  
Blogger MJJ Insider said...

No, I have never tasted arse, but I imagine that it would taste a little like beer if I did! Perhaps it's the stigma of beer that turns me off more than the taste. The thought of someone with soggy beer breath breathing on me.... or possessing beer breath myself. I imagine in order to be drinking beer, I need a gutter mouth, a flannelette shirt, a pair of work boots and footy shorts and need to be standing out with a bunch of blokey blokes (bogans or chavs) talking about the cricket or the footy score.

Yuck!

Ahem, I supposed I should just stick to my snotty sparkling wine!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

What did you just say Jess? I understood like 3 words.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

I just noticed something, no one commented on the book or the movie, only the beer. Now I know where your minds are.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

book sounds nice, movie too =)

2:43 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Aparently cube heads are a bunch of lushes.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home