Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Connection Of Art & Faith


I am appreciate of Heather's video blogs because they have been helpful in guiding me on the path of my own work. Admittedly I was extremely frustrated having not written anything of substance in over six months and wondering "what's the point?". I even put it out there whether I was wasting my time and should focus more on helping the poor to which she very wiesely responded, "Why does it have to be one or the other?" Hmmm, good point. Or as another friend of mine put it, "You won't be able to give up poetry. As much as you say you want to you never will. Something will pull you back." Good point as well. The 6 month hiatus has been beneficial as it has forced me to work harder and write more compelling work. I am also greatful for the fact she accepted a few of my little poems. Thanks Heather. The fact she is a Jersey girl is just gravy.

Check out here new Video Blog.

Labels: ,

posted by Out Of Jersey | 11:27 AM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the props!
I'm so glad these podcasts are helping you--that's exactly their intent. As an artist, it's hard finding other artists who think the same way we think. This is my way of working out things with cool people.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Art said...

I think I'm in the "what's the point" mode too. Good to see you posting more regularly - even if I'm not. Take care.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home