Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Poems


The one good thing about the Dodge is it did help my writers block and I wrote two new poems. Hope you enjoy.

Waterloo United Methodist Church
September 2008

I worshipped the images
of my youth,
first a story, wood panels
and stained glass.
Then only the word.
And then songs written
only for the voice and guitar.
Now, if not for the men working,
silence,
turning me back to the word.

The Bridge At Morris Canal
-for Maddy

I wanted to walk
across the old plank bridge,
to share with someone the river
and the path into the woods
just beyond.
Only it collapsed
at some unknown time.
I go home
knowing what I missed.

Labels:

posted by Out Of Jersey | 5:33 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Art said...

Enjoyed very much. Glad you're over that writer's block.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Dave Schipper said...

nice....

11:40 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Okay, I know you said you'd be less of a presence for a while around her, but a month? So I thought I;d get the ball rolling again by commenting that having been repeatedly exposed to the two poems above (since I check back here a few times a week to see what's new), the second poem is beginning to make me strangely sad.

Which is good, I think. The last line really brings everything before it home in a way that makes you recall ( or me, at least) similar experiences.

All that to say I really like this poem.

oh, and completely off topic, the word I was asked to write to validate my comment was "propearo" which is really cool, for some reason.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home