Sunday, October 12, 2008

Religulous


Yep, I saw it. Was it funny? Sure. It was mostly sad. Imagine doing all sorts of research to prepare to interview people. Sure the information you are providing has been refuted since, oooh, the early 1900's, but it's new to us so the average person will not know it. Sure you could go to the various seminaries or religious institutions, but why would you when you can go to a truck stop chapel? It was sad. I know the people who were watching the movie with me thought he was spot on. Since he was only going against Joe Average on the street they would not stand a chance against him. He did his homework. Granted it was very dated and proved wrong. Bill is a coward. He hates all religion, but Christians in particular. He spent %95 of the movie talking to a prosperity preacher and people on the street of The Holy Land Experience. It was sad for him and an embarrassment. I hope it makes him feel good about himself. It'd be like me smacking around a 13 year old. I know I can beat him up and it's easier than taking on someone my own size.

Labels: ,

posted by Out Of Jersey | 3:42 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger RC said...

I am not suprised by your assessment. I haven't seen it, or really had any interest...

when the person doing the investigation has already made up their mind and is trying to prove a point it certainly is less than entertaining to me.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home