Wednesday, October 01, 2008

An Appology


Sometimes in my attempt to just goof around and share some ideas with a few readers I often forget that someone may actually read this who doesn't come from inside my small circle and take offense at what I have to say. I have removed a recent post on my experiences at The Dodge because a poet whose work I respect read it and took me to task for not being responsible. And he was right. I do not take what I write here all that seriously and have probably developed a bad habit of not being careful with my words and writing things too much on the fly. It is my regret that what I wrote, quite frankly, deserved the stern talking too that I got. And quite frankly by my literary better. In the future I hope to take this more seriously and take into more of a consideration the feelings of those who may read it.

posted by Out Of Jersey | 9:51 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

It's such a fine line to walk: you want to not feel censored in what you write, but at the same time the relationship you have with your readers is a bond of trust that is so easily taken for granted.

In those cases the best you can do is look at it objectively, and take the high road. Which based on this post, you did.

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Confession (aka the horribleness of me): I hadn't read the previous blog post yet b/c I wanted to actually read it, not just skim it, and things have been busy, busy, busy. But as soon as I saw this post, I scrolled down (because in a reader, even if you delete the post, it still hangs around) and read.
Yup. That's me.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Geek Monkey,
Though I think he mis-understood my intentions, which looking back on it it was kind of easy to do and I could have chosen my words more carefully, in this case I felt it better to delete it. I was attempting to discuss how poetry had become like God for people replacing the true God. Also, how many of the newer gaurd of writers hadn't really earned the respect they had gotten. Plus I did use a private conversation we had without his permission. So I see his point.

Heather,
I was on such a role that I didn't really consider what i was writing. It's all good though. The poet and I spoke and were able to come to an understanding. It was just as much an attempt to show respect for him and his work than anything else. I am not going to lie, I was suprised that anyone took what I wrote seriously or for that matter anyone actually read it.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home