Monday, August 04, 2008

R.I.P. Alexander Solzhenitsyn


Farewell Alex
You lived as an exiled from Russia for writing honestly about the hardships of life in the Soviet Union. Looks like you got the last laugh by being able to finish out your last days in the home country. I'd like to commemorate your passing by reading one of my favorite books. But I cannot find it. I'll have to settle to read "The Cancer Ward" until I can get a new copy. Darn it all!

Labels: , ,

posted by Out Of Jersey | 8:15 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I'm definitely going to be on the lookout for this book - never read anything by him.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

A lot of major bookstores may not have it in stock since there's a new edition coming out in a month or so. I found 1 copy after searching 4 stores.

Just finished it this evening - the book combined the circumstances around it are amazing - thanks for such a great recommendation!

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home