Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Against Legalism


This past weekend my church hosted the east coast Presbitery. Church representatives for the Evangelical Presbiterian Church from Florida to Maine came to my little church to discuss the future of the denomination. I was fortunate enough to hear Rob Norris from 4th Pres. in Bethesda Maryland preach. His stance is that legalism focusses on the little rules that we are able to accomplish versus the big ones which are harder to live by. There were a few things that pleased me about his preaching:

1) He read from a pretty expansive piece of scripture. Most churches I have been to may read one verse here and another there, if they quote from it at all.

2) He's Welsh. Listening to him read was incredible. He was so poetic and passionate about the word fo God.

Afterwards several pastors and I were able to go out for a pint afterwards. Never in my life have I gone out for a beer and left with homework.

Labels: ,

posted by Out Of Jersey | 5:26 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennwith2ns said...

That's awesome. Too true about Scripture passages. Also true about Welshness. I learned some Welsh in high school, but it is now limited to quoting the first verse of the 23rd Psalm. Which just goes to prove your first point . . .

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home