Monday, July 17, 2006

Peace In War Time


After watching the recent news coverage about the bombings in Isreal I am reminded of something a very wise sunday school teacher of mine had said to us. He asked us to pray for peace in the hearts of those in the Middle East and not just peace from conflict. What an interesting thing to request. Because it brings to mind all the current hub bub of people screaming for peace with out having any real idea what we should do to attain it or what exactly does peace mean. We want peace! Well duh, so does everybody. So what do you recommend we do to gain it? When Richard Gere asked that we show compassion and love to the people who attacked us on 9/11 people responded to his request with such negativity it's amazing he has any sort of career left. That is an equally remarkable thing to say. It is so out of character to the mind set of all the people at that time. I can't blame people for their anger. Heck, I almost enlisted in the military. No kidding, a buddy and I almost drove to a recruiting center. I am still here. Though I am unable to just sit on my butt waiting for a visit from George Bush I am left wondering what can I do to help.

Pray for the peace of hearts for the people in the world that God may touch their hurts.

posted by Out Of Jersey | 7:11 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger RC said...

what a great prayer reminder and thought...

track down your sunday school teacher and tell him/her props for his/her wisdom. Thank God for him/her.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

2:10 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

He was a (and is) an awesome man of God. I put him near the top of men who have influenced me.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home