Happy Birthday Frankie
It is the Poet Lauriet of the Cubispheres Birthday today. She turns 21 today. Happy birthday sweety. Here are some of the more important happenings on this day of your birth.
- 1632 - Galileo's Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems is published.
- 1855 - The Pennsylvania State University is founded.
- 1904 - UK recognises the South Orkney Islands as part of Argentina, in 1908 claims them again.
- 1920 - In Emeryville, California, the first dog race track to employ an imitation rabbit opens.
- 1979 - Independence of Saint Lucia from the United Kingdom.
- 1705 - Peter Artedi, Swedish naturalist (d. 1735)
- 1819 - James Russell Lowell, American poet and essayist (d. 1891)
- 1886 - Hugo Ball, German author and poet (d. 1927)
- 1918 - Robert Wadlow, tallest person in history (d. 1940)
They also have a place for famous deaths, but isn't that a bit morbid?
posted by Out Of Jersey | 4:05 PM