Friday, April 13, 2007

So It Goes - Kurt Vonnegut



I don't know of any highschooler that hasn't read a Kurt Vonnegut novel and said, "These books change lives, man!" Addmitedly, I grew out of reading his novels though once a year I try to re-read "Breakfast of Champions" for the hundredth time. Even in old age he still had it. Time slowed down the body, but not his mind.
He was brilliant, a great writer, and hillarious. I don't think there are many novels out there that make me laugh out loud like his do. May you have a beer with Kilgore Trout and enjoy the rest you have been waiting for.

Labels:

posted by Out Of Jersey | 7:36 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Art said...

Yep, I read many of his works from high school into college and beyond. He will be missed.

3:04 PM  
Blogger jasdye said...

funny. as a high school english teacher, never read him. don't think i'll get the privilege to teach him for a while either.

we were, btw, just talking about the faint, distant hope of teaching 'slaughterhouse 5' today.

6:37 PM  
Blogger RC said...

i love slaughterhouse 5.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home