Sunday, April 08, 2007

R.I.P. Johnny Hart



I usually don't post so many posts in such a short amount of time, but I just found out Johnny Hart creator of BC and The Wizard of Id has just passed away. He was a man of God who wasn't afraid to have overtly Christian messages in his comic strips. Though at times his comics were a tad corny I looked forward to reading them when I had the time and they usually made me smile. Right now I bet he's up there with God giving Him a good chuckle.

Labels:

posted by Out Of Jersey | 8:47 PM

5 Comments:

Blogger Art said...

That's too bad. I hadn't heard about his death. It's fitting though that he died, literally, doing what he loved.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

That is so weird...I was just browsing through Google Images looking for a B.C. comic to post for my own post of Johnny Hart's sad passing. He, along with so many others, was an integral part of my childhood experience.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Jennwith2ns said...

Hear, hear. Good choice of representative comic strips, by the way!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

How often can we say that? That we died doing what we loved? I know of one other guy it happened to. One of the sweetest most lovely men of GOd I ever met in my life. He was the groundskeeper for our church and he spoke with such a thick Italian accent I could barely understand him. Every sunday he'd come up to me and give me a hug and a kiss. That spoke louder than any words. While mowing the church lawn one day he lay down on the ground and passed away. Doing what he loved.

12:30 AM  
Blogger tonymyles said...

Hmm... didn't know about this either. Wow. Thanks for this.

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home