Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Inklings Reformed


A common conversation I have with a gentleman at my church is how much we wish we could have sat in on The Inklings and have a conversation with these brilliant and creative men of God. Since I was in highschool I have wanted to see Christians take a more active role in many aspects of art. I told my friend how I wished there was a group like the Inklings still around.

"Why don't you form one yourself." uhhhh, because it'd take effort? Ok, so I have no real excuse. So I am looking for anyone interested in forming a group like the Inklings though I am open to anyone in the artistic community from publishing, visual arts, literature, dance... whatever to get together and actively discuss the Christians role in art or share anything that they are working on. If you take art seriously and aren't afraid to give and take criticism and encouragement when either are necessary then I'd like to have you aboard. Even if you don't live in the Philadelphia area, thankfully e-mail makes it easier for us to keep in touch these days and we can work out logistics at another time. Please drop me a line.

cubicle.reverend@gmail.com

Labels: , ,

posted by Out Of Jersey | 8:15 AM

8 Comments:

Blogger LutherPunk said...

on an unrelated note, go check out the pic i posted and tell me if that is the dude you were talking about.

7:19 AM  
Blogger jasdye said...

actually, sounds cool, cube rev. i think some time before, i may have been more interested. and i just may be, over the summer (i'm starting to feel the creative bug fly in over me again.)

i believe dick staub is doing something like this now. i'm not sure i have a post, but j overstreet is talking about him constantly at lookingcloser.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Jennwith2ns said...

Not exactly the same thing, but you should check out my brother's blog: http://wakeywakey.wordpress.com/

(Read the first post first.)

I don't feel like I really have a clue about art--but I like it. If I lived in PA, I'd probably be in.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

That's it LP. I didn't know you were in video games.

Jas,
I hope the bug does you good. I know of Dick Staub, haven't read him that much, but think I should.

Jenn,
Thanks, will check it out.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Jenn,
Art is relative, if you like it, it's good. :D

8:21 AM  
Blogger dave grosser said...

Cubicle Reverend linked my blog!

Thanks, man. I do appreciate it. Your art roundtable sounds very cool; hope that gets up and running very soon.

One way to meet folks with similar interests in a particular geographical area is www.meetup.com. The advantage of finding people in your area (in addition to people you can email) who want to talk about such things is that you can actually drink beer with them. Have fun!

another cubicle preacher,
Grosser

5:52 PM  
Blogger Sheila West said...

Have you been to artsandfaith.com ???

10:42 PM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Hey Dave, uh thanks, I think.

Sheila, thanks for the heads up, will check it out.

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home