Thursday, January 05, 2006

The Cube Rev's Going To School?


It's a possibility. I just applied to Rutgers University in the hopes of finishing my degree finally and transitioning from being a cubicle reverend to an actual reverend. Four times a charm and I will actually finish my degree this time. Though I admit the idea of going back to school scares me a little bit. It was a bit of a high to be able to flaunt my bohemian cred. whenever I was out, how I'm the starving poet living in the middle of a New Jersey suburb that no one has ever heard of, living a hermetic existence in prayer and Bible Study. So instead of flaunting how I am keeping it real, it is time to move on to doing God's will and moving on to the next chapter of my life where ever that may be.

posted by Out Of Jersey | 1:51 PM

11 Comments:

Blogger Frankie said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting!! A good friend of mine goes to Rutgers and loves it so I hope you have the same experience! It's never to late to become someone new.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats from me too. Keep us updated, all the best!

7:58 PM  
Blogger MJJ Insider said...

Hey Dave, I wish you all the best and hope that whatever happens will be the RIGHT thing. :) I'm a little scared about going back to school as well (it's been almost 7 yrs now for me)

I'll be keeping you in my prayers :)

xx
Jess

11:09 PM  
Blogger Gerald said...

No rest for the wicked dave, time to get to work!

5:13 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Frankie,
My original plan was to do one of those on line jobbers, but I'm glad I'm going to a regular school after all. I'm debating on studying either Religion or English, haven't decided for certain yet.

Carmel,
Thanks, we'll have to make sure you and I and the husb. get together when you come to the USA.

Jess,
I know the fear you are talking about. I'm wondering what I'm getting myself into.

Gerald,
Aye, I know! Man, what am I thinking. I won't finish with school til I'm in my 40's!

6:15 AM  
Blogger shes_a_sprite said...

school is not that bad! I think that once you get back into the studious mindset, you will find it a welcoming place! Good luck with that! (beware of statistics! )

7:41 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Fortunately I got statistics out of the way a long time ago. That was school attempt #1.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Astrid said...

You are going back to school? Awesome! I hand you my favorite pencil. Use it wisely.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

Congrats! It's gonna be a great new chapter for you. The time is right.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Logan,
Thanks man, I'm excited. It's been a long time coming.

Astrid, thanks for the pencil. as soon as I figure out how to use it I'll keep it with me always.

Cate,
It's been a long strange trip, and I'm only 32! Makes me wonder what I'm going to be like in another 10 years.

2:56 PM  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

Go for it, dude. I know you'll do well.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home