Saturday, August 20, 2005

Working So Much I'm Lazy


I want to add something to a post I wrote recently. It was about being content in your circumstances. Well, yeah, you should be conent in your circumstances, but you also have to keep yourself open to the move of the Holy Spirit or you can just stick around a place for no reason. I discovered that today. I just quit a part time I was working at to make ends meet. By day I temp in a title company, by night I work in a coffee shop. I work anywhere from 10-15 hours a day. It was exhausting. The iron was I got lazy. I stopped knocking on doors, as christ would put it. I am thinking of the apostles as I write this for I want to enter the full time ministry. There's just one problem. I haven't done a darn thing to bring this about. Not tried to talk to Bible colleges, or meet with my church council, tried to find part time work in that area, nothing. So while I've been contenting myself with this long hours I've also grown quite lazy. Could you imagine the apostles knowing they should follow Jesus, but just staying in the fishing boat, or the tax booth? Which is exactly what I am doing. Is contentment a good thing. Definately, but not when it keeps you in a place other than with Jesus.

posted by Out Of Jersey | 9:09 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Oh I totally get that. I remember when I decided to try to sell insurance and had to be my own telemarketer. (I know..feel free to hang up on me). I would organize and reorganize my cards to avoid doing the real work of calling and selling. Busy work. I was a lazy (ok, terrified and embarrassed) salesman but terribly busy.

It's great that you could identify your "laziness" and now move on with the work. Sounds like you have an exciting life ahead of you.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

It is way too easy to hide laziness in busy work.

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home