Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Of Pipers and Singers



This weekend I went to a music festival at Blue Rocks Campground. The grounds themselves were quiet and isolated which is what I was looking for, but what what made it impressive was one characteristic that made the whole place worth while. Imagine the sun setting between the trees and reflecting off the rocks which gave us extra time of sunlight. Also there was a trail that lead to the appalachian trail, but I never got the chance to walk it.
Real Men Wear Kilts
The music festival was primarily about celtic music. Local band The Hooligans have thrown each year as a way to keep Irish culture alive. Ever since I was in highschool I have always been interested in my Irish heritage, but it wasn't until I met a good friend of mine when he explained to me what it means to be Irish and the history of our little island home of Saint Patrick. Several bands performed, including a few children who had more ability than I ever would. And late into the night past all hours reasonable people normally'd be up jam sessions set up around the camp fires to play songs and sing the songs we all have learned over the years.
Continued later... looking for community.

posted by Out Of Jersey | 5:59 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

They're awesome. Thanks for the link. We have some friends with a huge farm. They host musicians and sit up all night jamming..bluegrass, celtic, old gospel stuff. Haven't attended for a while but you brought back nice memories. Thanks :) And welcome home.

4:41 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

thank you, it was a much needed vacation.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home