Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Another Look At Judgment And A Poem



JUDGMENT
Continuing on the theme of Heaven/Hell/Judgment this continues the discussion on Judgment.

Hat Tip to Jason for sharing this with me.

POEM

The picture to the left is of the poet Robert Lax. From the 60's up until the late 90's he hadn't published a book of poems in America. With the publication of A Thing That Is a brief renewed interest in his work was born. A close friend of Thomas Merton you can see the meditative quality of Lax's poems. They can be frustrating to read at times since individual words and even fractions of words make up a single line forcing you to really stop and read the poems more closely.

There is no poem, no painting
that will hold on paper or canvas
the look of the three trees
standing in the valley
with their young green leaves.

They are three girls
pouring speech like water
poised and waiting
for their dancing lesson.

They are three girls on tip toe
with arms uplifted
dancing in the valley's early light.

++++

What
is
be
ing

what
is

ex
is
tence

can
the
rab
bit

be
said

to
be

if
it
is
dead

?

we
say
it

is
dead

what
is

is that

?

posted by Out Of Jersey | 3:06 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

Hey there. It is Steve Sporre from "Following God's Will"... I am really REALLY not trying to spam ya but I thought I would let all of my blog friends know that my full length 11 song album is finally here!! I am really excited about it and want to thank all of you for your prayers. Get More info at my Blog... again I am sorry for the "Spam" but many of my Blogger friends asked me to tell them when it was completed!!

And PLEASE help me spread the word and the music!!

Thanks Bro!

11:35 AM  
Blogger Frankie said...

I really like this poem...A LOT. Thanks for sharing it!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home