Sunday, April 23, 2006

Goodbye


Over the past few weeks there has been a lot of negativity and anger that although well meaning I do not think is beneficial to the body of believers. As Christians aren't we supposed to be better than this? Aren't we supposed to be better than attacking the motives of believers that, though misguided, attempt to do some good for the faith? Aparently we aren't. I find this most upsetting. I understand people's anger and desire to protect believers from bad doctrine. I followed bad teachings for years before I finally found a Bible believing church that took me as I am and has helped to guide me into maturity of the faith. When I say something foolish instead of telling me I am going to Hell or causing others to go to hell or whatever they lovingly disciple me and teach me the way of truth. For those of you involved I pray that you seek repentance and put this behind you. Let's face it, life is too short on this mortal coil of ours. We can either spend it fighting with each other and calling names, or we can spend it trying to bring the light of Christ into each others lives. I tried the latter. It only causes heart ache. So I am no longer going to be able to blog. I do not want to be part of an environment that is so negative and harmful to the body of believers. If there is a time for me to challenge something, then I pray I do it with the Love and Grace that Christ had. I will keep this post up for the next few weeks, then I'll be deleting my blog for good. Though I will still check in on a few of your blogs from time to time. Thank you for your love and support. I pray the light and love of Christ be made evident to you all.

Dave Gorgone
the cube rev

posted by Out Of Jersey | 9:50 AM

5 Comments:

Blogger MJJ Insider said...

Thats really unfortunate that you feel you have to stop blogging, Dave, but you do what you have to do.

I wish you all the best. Try to keep in contact. :)

God Bless You.
Jess

7:24 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm... very confused.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

I know this is rather sudden. But with the recent locking heads between myself and another I think there are better ways for me to serve. I have gotten to a place, and perhaps for those who are interested I will share that little tid bit. But for now, there are things I need to focus on that are more important. I'll check in on you guys as often as I can.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Todd R. Vick said...

Look, man, I NEED this blog. It is the only artistic culture in my life! :o)

Seriously, dude, it is a grand honor to be a cube head. He/she who thinks differently can go to typepad (sorry, Rickwell).

6:29 PM  
Blogger Orycteropus Afer said...

Dave, I hope you reconsider. While blogging can be mean-spirited, it can also be uplifting — and that's what I see in the majority of your posts. Yeah, people who don't "get it," content spammers, and the generally hostile types cause no end of grief, knowing that there are islands of Christian civility like yours make browsing others' blogs every bit as enjoyable as writing for my own.

If you must pull the plug, I hope you at least stay in the habit of visiting and commenting elsewhere.

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home