Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Gallery - Oz's Art


I can’t believe she is only twenty years old! Looking at her art makes me realize how much of a schlep I was at her age. I spent more time trying to not work than she has creating these beautiful art works. When I came upon her blog just one look at her pictures made me feel like I had to post them on my sight. They are so playful and alive! They are a joy to look at, but beneath the surface they can be equally as dark and harsh. These pictures aren’t the whispy dreams or heavy broodings of someone playing artist. Any sense of melancholy is easily over powered by her bright colors, mythic subjects, and stress on beauty in its various forms. If she is creating this type of work at the age of 20, what will she be producing in 10, 20, or 40 years? The middle two are my personal favorites.





posted by Out Of Jersey | 4:15 PM

7 Comments:

Blogger Cate said...

I love her work. After seeing thousands of insects and "butterflies" in the art world lately, it is so nice to see one that has been rendered CREATIVELY, just emanating emotion. That is an incredible picture, as are her others. Thank you so much for sharing this--made my night!

5:14 PM  
Blogger Olga Ziskin said...

Thank you so much for taking your time to write such thoughtful words. The way you described my work really moved me, thank you for understanding and giving me hope.

Thank you Cate :)

6:45 PM  
Blogger daringtowrite said...

Wow. Looks to me like an old soul in a young body giving her talent and her calling some serious attention. Thanks for gifting her art to me.

8:00 AM  
Blogger shes_a_sprite said...

Thanks for the link Rev, beautiful awe inspiring art work, very colorful, and yet forlorn at the same time. I see a reoccuring them with apples and women, perhaps temptation ~ anyhow thanks! :)

12:17 PM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

I am glad you like the work, nothing but the best on the cube head sight. She makes me realize how much of an idiot I was at that age. Or am now.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Lita said...

I adore the second one!!! It would look perfect on my wall!!!!

1:34 AM  
Blogger carla said...

Her work has really evoked an emotional response in me - it's so beautiful and full of many layers of meaning. Thanks for introducing her to us!

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home