Tuesday, March 07, 2006

And Now For Something Completely Different....


I am a tad bored with trying to write about my every day thoughts on Lent. I will continue with the readings, but will only comment on them when I come up with something interesting because quite frankly I've been reading the same thing day after day. So for a change of pace, here are the lyrics for "Three Little Birds" by Bob Marley.

Don’t worry about a thing,
’cause every little thing gonna be all right.
Singin’: don’t worry about a thing,
’cause every little thing gonna be all right!
Rise up this mornin’,
Smiled with the risin’ sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin’ sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin’, (this is my message to you-ou-ou:)
Singin’: don’t worry ’bout a thing,
’cause every little thing gonna be all right.
Singin’: don’t worry (don’t worry) ’bout a thing,
’cause every little thing gonna be all right!
Rise up this mornin’,
Smiled with the risin’ sun,
Three little birdsPitch by my doorstep
Singin’ sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin’, this is my message to you-ou-ou:
Singin’: don’t worry about a thing, worry about a thing, oh!
Every little thing gonna be all right.
don’t worry!
Singin’: don’t worry about a thing - I won’t worry!
’cause every little thing gonna be all right.
Singin’: don’t worry about a thing,
’cause every little thing gonna be all right - I won’t worry!
Singin’: don’t worry about a thing,
’cause every little thing gonna be all right.
Singin’: don’t worry about a thing, oh no!
’cause every little thing gonna be all right!

posted by Out Of Jersey | 7:33 PM

9 Comments:

Blogger LutherPunk said...

That song always perks me up. When I went through my divorce a few years back that was one of the songs I would play over and over again.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Shesawriter said...

Rev,

That is one of my favorite songs. My mom and grandmom used to play it all the time whenever they had company. I used to hate it as a kid, but now I find myself listening to it all the time. It's a beautiful song.

Tanya

8:01 AM  
Blogger shes_a_sprite said...

I love that song!!! Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers! :) It was conforting to know that there were so many people out there behind me! :)

1:23 PM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Luther,
I first heard a zydeco version of the song and kind of forgot about it until a friend of mine's band www.hooligansusa.com had started covering it. Thigns were so heavy with the posting lately I thought it needed to be lightened up.

Sprite,
It is a nice change of pace to hear some good news for a change.

Rose,
I am not a huge bob marley fan, but this is one of the few I do like.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Tanya,
Your mom and grand mom like this song? something tells me I'd like them.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Cinnamon Spider! said...

Your layout is really cool. I especially like the banner, did you custom make it?

Nice lyrics though I'm not a fan personally.

1:51 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Spider,
Eddo at Posted Note made it for me, he did a great job. I'm not a huge Marley fan either, but this song I like.

5:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that song too. :)

6:36 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

I am going to try and figure out how to do that. There is a message I want to send out to people as well.

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home