Monday, April 03, 2006

Gallery Showing - Misty Mawn


I don't even know where to begin with Misty's art work. If Chagall ever had a love, an inspiration, the one that would make him go Ahhh! it is Misty. Her work is both stunning and deeply spiritual which is sadly lacking in a lot of modern art. She is not afraid to show her softer feminine side, instead she chooses to embrace and celebrate the things which make women unique and special. They are very politically incorrect, but not in the borish sledge hammer to the forehead fashion that has become popular. She is too clever for that choosing to be more subtle. Don't look at her pictures too quickly, stop a moment and really look at what she is doing and you will find beneath the surface all those qualities which I have mentioned. Like a fine glass of wine it is meant to be savored, not gulped down for the next glass.




posted by Out Of Jersey | 5:20 PM

5 Comments:

Blogger Shesawriter said...

The top one is my favorite. The face reminds me of how I feel without coffee. :-)

3:15 PM  
Blogger Lauri said...

Misty is wonderful, isn't she? Definitely one of my favorites!

6:40 PM  
Blogger carla said...

I am so glad you reveiwed Misty, and I think you've described the essence of what her work communicates so well! I am always touched and entranced when I look at her beatiful mixed media pieces...she has created her own personal mythology that resonates with so many people. Even on a purely visual level, her work is both lovely and compelling, but as you said...looking closely offers so much more. :>

2:44 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

That is why I chose her work, abstract but well thought out.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Yewtree said...

My favourites are the last two, the princess and the pillar and the mysterious person with the blue crown. They are very like Chagall. Have you come across the work of Cecil Collins, his stuff was quite like Chagall's too.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home