Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Few, The Proud, The Cube Head


There are so many great writers out there who give a great account of their perspectives of life. I enjoy seeing how they take faith, art, family, etc. without being whiny or self-indulgent. They do it in the most artistic way imagineable both by the written word and through visual arts. What can I say, I know a lot of talented people. So what, you may ask, does it take to be a cube head? If you are a regular reader and commentor on this sight you are a cube head. Cube Heads are people who actually think about things, really stop and consider what they are saying before they speak. Usually. Not always. At least some of the time. You don't have to be a Christian or agree with what your faithful Cube Rev has to say. I very blatantly write as the perspective of a Christian. How else can I write? I'm not a 50 year old hasidic jew from the lower west side. I'm a 32 year old Irish/Sicilian/Canadian Christian who's mucked around New Jersey for far too long. This newest batch of Cube Heads are definately the rule, and not the exception. Bright, witty, well read, attractive both on the inside and out, and just all around cool people.

  1. Verbal is such a gifted writer and has a great taste in poetry. She is also a very cool woman. She wears her heart just as much on her sleave as I think I do, if not more, without sounding self-pitying. It's poetic, meditative, and writing in the purest sense. Read her newest post on growing up in an extremist Christian home.
  2. Astrid is a doll. She is too cute for words. Her blog are the daily adventures of a girl named Astrid as she makes her way through this crazy mixed up world. And she really does make every day life sound like an adventure.
  3. The Bean Counter, another great writer. She is starting to see some success (deservedly so) as a writer. I am curious to see where her writing will take her. It is difficult to make it as a writer in any genre, but I think as her work grows she'll meet the challenge.
  4. Searching For Complex Simplicit..... She lives up to her name. Her sight is searching for the very thing she says she is. She talks about very honestly her desire for a simpler life and how she can attain it.
  5. Rotating Chaos What a unique voice! Wow, talk about talent. Her work is unbelieveable. She is equally as strong with the written word as well as visual art. She's from my necke of the woods in NJ so you know she's cool.
  6. Miss Stephanie... is the first vocalist on the sight. Another great talent and wit. I took to her sight right away because of the slick look and who well it is written.
  7. Kristi's Korner Ah to be young and bright eyed again. I love her sense of wide eyed wonder and joy. She's a real sweet girl, Loves the Lord, and a genuinely gentle soul.
  8. KPINION is my buddy. She breaks my stones a bit, but I won't hold that against her. In spite of it she's a sweet girl and has a great wit.

Welcome to the cubisphere. Your t-shirts and identity cards will be in the mail shortly. As a cube head you are entitled to all the rights, priveleges, and perks assigned thereto. Including:

  • Eating a cookie, when you feel like a cookie.
  • Shaving your head, because the Cube Rev makes it look so good.
  • Sleeping in on saturday mornings or watching saturday morning cartoons in your jammies for an obscene amount of time.

Welcome to the family.

Love

Dave, the cube rev

posted by Out Of Jersey | 5:18 AM

36 Comments:

Blogger Kristi B. said...

Thanks Cub Rev!

I can't wait for my t-shirt.

I'll definitely enjoy eating cookies, and sleeping in on Saturdays, but I'm just not sure about the "shaving the head" part... hmm. We'll see.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

"Stone breaker" and "in spite of this"? There's a compliment in there somewhere right? Oh yes, you think I'm witty.

Dave, you crack me up. T-shirt, noone told me we were getting a t-shirt. Rock on. Oh and I completely abide by the perks already so I was destined to be a cube head (well except for the whole shaving of the head bit - the sinead look just isn't me)

7:07 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Kristi,
Well now you can eat your cookies without guilt because it is a requirement of being a cube head. Unless you don't like cookies (and who doesn't like cookies?) then it's any particular snack you may enjoy.

Katie,
You know you are adorable. Come on, do I really need to say it?

7:13 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

"Thank you! *Sniff!* Thank you!! I... I can't believe this is happening: I mean, this has always been a dream of mine, and to see it finally come true... I just... OH! And I'd like to thank my fans, because without you, well, this just wouldn't have been possible... I..." Oh. You mean this isn't the Grammy's? Ah well. Good practice anyway! ;)

Thanks for the honor, I too, am looking forward to the t-shirt! hahaha But I will NOT shave my head! Sorry. But I WILL eat the cookies: and watch Saturday morning cartoons!

Thanks for all the wonderful compliments, and "you're not so bad yourself!" ;)

8:15 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Dave are you really asking me if I want to hear a compliment? YES.

Here's a question, does the cubisphere shirt have a shaved head on it?

8:29 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Steph,
I mean everything I say. Though I don't understand why women are so reluctant to shave their heads.

Katie,
She is adorable, a sweet and sassy girl who makes me laugh and whenever I get an e-mail from her I have a big smile on my face. She is the type of woman poets dream of to have as a muse.

Happy now?

And technically I do not have any t-shirts. I made it up as a joke not realizing people would actually want one.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Cinnamon Spider! said...

It's cute that you do these little introductions, I loved what you said about me, made me very happy. I'm not sure if I did thank you, but if I didn't I am now :) you are a great blogger. Sorry I haven't been around much lately.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

WOW
:)
Thanks.

You lied about the t-shirt? Now I have to re-evaluate the whole friendship and club membership. Darn.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Infinitesimal said...

WOW!

Quite a harem you have here, but where are the dudes? All chicks man...need some testosterone in the mix.
What about BogsBlog?

Well irregardless,
I consume cookies every chance I get, will never shave my head, but try to never remove my PJ's unless absolutely necc. I consider them as my uniform.

Thanx for the props!

When can I expect my T-Shirt?

9:13 AM  
Blogger Infinitesimal said...

Well, you better make up some kind of T shirts or I will press charges on grounds of "False Advertising."

9:15 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Cinnamon,
You have been missed. I am glad to see you are up and about. And I meant every word I said. Anyone can just add a blog. I believe in using a little panache.

Katie,
I'm getting t-shirts made, but how was I to know someome would actually want let alone wear a cubicle reverend t-shirt? So don't be getting all huffy at me.

Ifinitesimal
Actually, I used to have nothing but mens blogs, and I realized that was a bit one sided so I went searching for the cream of the crop of womens voices. Which I think I've done in spades. It is actually ironic because it is the metaphor of my life. I work with all women, come from a family of almost all women.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

Ha ha. Are you really going to get t-shirts made now, since we were all so excited about it? That's great!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Uh, yeah, so thanks a lot. NOw I actually have to think up a t-shirt.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm all for a t-shirt. And I think they should read: "The Few, the proud, the CUBE Heads." Oh yes, it would be beautiful!!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

not getting huffy, not even sassy, but fun t-shirts are the best, especially ones that are not the norm, "if you print it they will wear it"

10:38 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Uh oh: I can only imagine what's swimming around in Katie's head right now:

Any umm.. suggestions for what the shirts should say Katie? lol

10:45 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Alright alright, geeze.
I do need more men on this sight, you are all getting so pushy. And no way is it saying Katie, this is my sight.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ahahahaha, I wasn't even going to make a suggestion, if I was printing kpinion shirts I would have the say, since it's a cuberev shirt Dave has the say

11:40 AM  
Blogger SwallowedAlive said...

Is there anything that gets you kicked off the list?

11:50 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

There are several people who are dangerously close swallowedalive, starting off with katie. She's just begging to have her name put on the T-shirt.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

See I'm too smart to get pulled into this one . . . .

12:25 PM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Katie,
Oh you are in alright, you are in deeper than you think.

Wendy,
You'd think that wouldn't you? Let's just say I have 3 guys living at my house and I'm liking it more and more.


This is what I get for thinking I should include more womens voices in this blog.

Logan, Eddo, Don't Call me, where are you guys when I need you?

12:38 PM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

It's a conspiracy!

I think the t-shirt should be a large cube thing with "Cube Heads" at the top and all of our names on different sides or sections of the cube. Wouldn't that be cool?

12:45 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Yeah, big talk! He's lovin' every minute of it! ;)

12:47 PM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Loving what? You guys are all spread to the four winds. It's not like I can actually spend any time with any of you.

and the women I work with say the same thing as they regail with their feminine needs.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Infinitesimal said...

OK

I think that it should say:

CUBEHEAD on the back (like SECURITY)

On the front it should say:

CUBICAL REVEREND

and across the breastal area it should read

"One of God's office supplies"
and:
your blog URL

NOW I say on black T-shirts, and I think that advertising on womens boobs is a FABU way of becoming popular.

If you want to be cute, add angel wings to the back of the shirt as well.

Whaddya think Cubey??

2:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

A warm welcome to all the new cubies. :)

4:41 PM  
Blogger Frankie said...

YAY! New sites, new friends :0). It doesn't get any better than that....unless t-shirts are thrown in the mix.

5:28 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Who knew I would be a cube head when I grew up? Thanks Dave for including me. I am honored.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Lita said...

I am a new cube! I love to eat cookies with my truth tea! Just saying hallo!

1:44 AM  
Blogger SwallowedAlive said...

There is so much estrogen in this comment section. Here's a bit of testosterone for that ass.
I'm not complaining though, I think you girls make the place smell better.

5:03 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

That's actually a good idea Infi. Though I'm not sure I want the wings. But the idea of the security esque shirt does sound cool.

Michelle,
I know this is what you always wanted. To be a member of a pseudo religious blog with delusions of grandeur.

Swallowed,
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

5:31 AM  
Blogger millinerd said...

Regarding your title, I'm having a hard time seeing how we cubeheaads are still "the few."

6:00 AM  
Blogger Cate said...

Thanks, CR! I am proud to be a pretend-card carrying member!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Aparently the Cube Rev, doesn't have discriminating tastes.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Astrid said...

Wow, how great it is to be part of this extremely cool family! I can't wait for X-mas to come along again and to leave little presents for all of you under our X-mas tree! When shall we go on our annual family-holiday and where will go? Any suggestions?

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home