Friday, January 13, 2006

Moron Of The Year


I knew from the beginning who Samantha Burns readers would choose as The Moron Of The Year, though I hoped I'd be wrong. Through her loss and desire to get closure in her son's death Sheehan has become a joke manipulated to the point where I do not think she realizes she has lost her soul and identity in the great political beast that consumes all in its path. Her crusade so far has not only cost her her son, but her husband as well who filed for divorce during her vigil. Loss has become a joke, misery a punch line. Congratulations to everyone pushing her cause forward and for those of us who watch the burning wreckage that is her life we turned another life into a prat fall.

posted by Out Of Jersey | 5:26 AM

9 Comments:

Blogger Cinnamon Spider! said...

How awful. I haven't read this but it seems very sad :|

9:04 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

A woman lost her son in the war. Instead of mourning she moved down to near the presidents ranch to protest. As a result she has been used excessively by people trying to forward their agenda.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Cate said...

You betcha she's been used. That was well said, CR. Heartbreaking.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Frankie said...

Mmm yes, very well said. It can be a sad, sad world sometimes.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Cate & Frankie,
Sad to an extreme degree. Thanks to the exploitation of others it has for the most part ruined her life. What happens when the attention fades?

Logan,
That's something we'll probably never know. Her son was proud to serve. But there are 2 sides to everything. I just hope the people that are using her like this come to realize the misery they have caused her. Instead of comforting her they use her.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

Just want to clarify. Although I think she's been used and I find that incredibly sad, I don't find anything wrong with the the way that she chose to mourn her son.

There's a whole other issue there, beyond her being used.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah I heard about her in the news whilst visiting the USA last year.
I also do moron of the week, I have done it for a few months now. Glad to see you do it too, you are the only other blog person I know there now :)

5:45 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I think unless you've lost a child to war, you don't have any idea what her impetus is or where her soul is at but I am certain it is in anguish and for that my heart goes out to her no matter what action she takes.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

It isn't about how she chooses to show her remorse, been there done that myself, but the fact that people are leaching off of her. I am wondering if she would have chosen this way to mourn on her own or if it would have gone on as long as it had. The results were far more harmful to her in the long run than they should have been.

5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home