Thursday, December 01, 2005

A Game Of Tag: Guilty Pleasures


I am a firm believer that every person has about 10 guilty pleasures. The half they talk about and the half they don't talk about (they may be a little embarrassing, for a time I watched soap operas). The little joys that you do for yourself to keep sane. Whether serious, silly, or sentimental these pleasures give life flavor and are unique from person to person. I heard of one well known football player into needle point. My father plays guitar. Now it's time to lay the cards on the table and tell the world what your guilty pleasures. If you are reading this consider yourself tagged. I always wanted to start one of these things. Here are mine:


  1. I listen to Barry Manilow, Wayne Newton, Neil Diamond, and other bogus crooners of the like and I dream of going to Branson, Missouri.
  2. I sneak off in the middle of the day to see a movie all alone. Something I know my friends don't want to see.
  3. With one particular friend he and I will sneak away in the middle of a party, go outside to smoke a cigar and talk.
  4. I've kept a journal since middle school.
  5. Waking up early on a saturday, picking up a few donuts and coffee, then coming home to watch cartoons.
  6. I read People Magazine and cheesy murder mysteries.
  7. My sunday afternoon nap after church.
  8. Going to the used book stores in Philadelphia on a last minute whim.
  9. Cheesesteak and Hoagies. 'nuff said.
  10. Going to a coffee shop to read.

There are mine, what are yours?

UPDATE!!! Interested in doing a guest post for this blog? Contact me @ cubiclereverend@yahoo.com . I do not want this to be only about me and my views. I want this to be an open discussion as well as sharing things we enjoy. What am I looking for?

  • essays
  • sermons
  • reviews of any kind
  • poems
  • stories
  • favorite quotes

I'm open to the possibilities. I do reserve the right to not publish anything that I deem innapropriate. All rights return to the author.

posted by Out Of Jersey | 11:28 AM

7 Comments:

Blogger Rick said...

here's mine - http://gottabuzz.typepad.com/coffee/2005/12/tagged_guilty_p.html

6:44 PM  
Blogger Yewtree said...

I don't think your guilty pleasures are too bad - except for your taste in music! I hope you use headphones.

2:15 AM  
Blogger Yewtree said...

Here's my guilty secrets.

3:22 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Don't be hatin'. Neil Diamond's the Jewish Elvis.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Todd R. Vick said...

Here are mine, sir.

http://toddsword.blogspot.com

11:58 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

What great guilty pleasures we all have. Though I think I relate with Tods the most.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am yet to do mine!

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home