Wednesday, November 30, 2005

CONTEST!!! Help the Cubicle Reverend Come Up With A New Title


I do not like "Gaurding My Joy Among The Thorns" as my title. And quite frankly I do not feel like going through the time to think up another one. So I am going to leave that to you to come up with a new title for the blog and you have to explain why you chose it and what it means. Please keep it clean. I am a Cubicle Reverend after all. But they can be funny, serious, whatever. What are the rules? Keep your explanation relatively short and they have to be in by 12/09/2005. Include your e-mail so I can contact you to let you know you won and to get mailing information to get your prize. And what is the prize:
1st place gets my 3 CD set, The Cubicle Reverends Favorite Songs. A copy of Mike Yaconelli's Dangerous Wonder. and my undying gratitude.
I'll pick 3 runners up and they'll get the CD's as well.
Anything I like I'll publish on the blog.
E-mail all entries to cubiclereverend@yahoo.com.

posted by Out Of Jersey | 2:25 PM

16 Comments:

Blogger Rissa said...

Thanks for letting me know - I'll see what I can come up with in this short period of time!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very interesting...I have to think of something, i'm not all that creative but it will be fun trying.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Have fun, be creative, be serious or witty. It's all good. And if it'll help it any better, ask me anythig. I'll answer any questions up until this sunday.

3:26 PM  
Blogger tonymyles said...

"One of God's office supplies"

Do I need to explain it? Cubicle Reverend?

4:01 PM  
Blogger tonymyles said...

Or... same theme:

"Divine office space"

4:02 PM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Half the fun is knowing what motivated you to write it and come up with it. and e-mail all entries to cubiclereverend@yahoo.com with the pertinent contact information.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Yewtree said...

Interesting challenge. I shall ponder.

1:40 AM  
Blogger josé said...

hmmmmmm. i have some ideas... let's just hope i remember to email by the deadline =)

7:12 AM  
Blogger Rick said...

my earlier submission didn't save - add that to my list of hiccups while away on business.

the winning entry is:

"Are you gonna eat that?"

thanks!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Rick said...

... or in the "office" motif:

"I've got your red stapler - bwaah haah haah!"

8:10 AM  
Blogger Pastor Scott Stiegemeyer said...

Can we submit more than one suggestion?

Assuming that we can, I'll give you a few to chew on. One thing that makes it difficult is that I don't really know you personally that well. But from what I can tell from regularly reading your blog, I'll take a stab at it.

1) "Ink Slinger for Jesus": You are clearly a bookish sort. You are a poet, writer, and thinker, not to mention theologian. I've always liked the phrase "Ink Slinger" for a writer and tried to convince my wife to use that as her blog title, but she preferred something else.

2) "Pulpitarian-In-the-Making": Since you aspire to enter the pastoral ministry (a noble goal), I tried to think of other words instead of pastor, reverend, etc.

3) "Future Pulpitarian on the Loose": Variation on the above.

4) "The God Groupie": Hey, you're one of God's biggest fans.

5) "Book Addict in Denial": Seems obvious.

Give those a thought.

Good luck.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

NOTE TO ALL:

If you want to submit more than one is fine with me. You don't have to know me, but it helps to know the feel of the blog (if there is one) and creating something that suits it.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Rev. Kidd said...

"Reverend in a Box"

8:25 PM  
Blogger Xrysostom said...

Using the cube and the rev, I offer:

"Christian Vocation to the 3rd Power"

or

"Living the Faith in 3 Dimensions"

1:51 PM  
Blogger Preachrboy said...

"Dilbert meets Weird Al meets St. Peter meets... someone else..."

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about "Thinking outside the box" (or cube) if you decide to make the Reverend title official.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home