Saturday, November 26, 2005

Seeking the Lost


I found an interesting web sight fumbling around focussing on Christian Goths. There tons of kids out there who feel they do not fit in with Church and wind up avoiding it like the plague or going to the wrong types of churches. It's something that has always upset me about the church. Mike Yaconelli once said, "I'd rather have the kid that looks kind of scary than the kid that looks normal and really is scary." Amen to that.

posted by Out Of Jersey | 8:54 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger Yewtree said...

I feel really sorry for Christian Goths. Christians hate them; Goths hate them. No-one else cares. What a tragedy.

Liked the Mike Yaconelli comment though.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

I think more people care now than maybe 10 or so years ago. Some churches (my own included) are realizing that this is an untapped community that needs to hear the gospel and are welcome.

5:31 AM  
Blogger TKls2myhrt said...

Like the Yaconelli comment also. I have noticed, since moving from Evangelicalism to Confessional Lutheranism that teens at our church seem more free to explore looks/etc and yet they still come to church with their families and sing the beautiful liturgy of scripture. Maybe its particular to our inner ring suburban church, but its wonderful to see.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

I think when we let kids be kids irregardless of appearance we'd be suprised at the result.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home