Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Boring, Boring, Boring


I try to avoid the discussion of politics on this blog for the basic reason that too many Christians have replaced the true faith. And quite frankly I am finding the whole subject a little boring. It is the same thing over and over again between the right and the left. I've listened to both sides and have not found much in the way of serious thought. And at Shakespeare's Sister is the article lacking any sense of irony entitled Breaking News: Bush Full Of S*** . Is it just me or have the American public become a bunch of whining babies. I've dealt with the public for over 15 years and see this as a matter of fact constantly. Don't believe me? Listen to someone order at Starbucks. I worked in a cafe for a few years. They proudly order their cafe mocha with pride, but when you ask them what size they want they look at you with the dumb expression like the little hampster stopped running in the wheel. I am blessed beyond measure for the good things God has given me in my life and one of the greater joys is to share those blessings with others.

And I admit I am writing this out of anger. A dangerous thing for me to do. I do not have that gift of subtlety like my esteemed colleague Millinerd. Unfortunately Shakespeare's Sister has gotten the brunt of that frustration. It could have just as easily been a conservative blog as a liberal one. I've been down both the roads and found they both lead nowhere. I either became legalistic or soft on my stances of sin, helping the poor, or whatever. I too want peace in Iraq and for our boys to come home. But the fact of the matter is they are there and people are dying. What are our options? Leave too soon and those who wish to destroy us think we are becoming weak and soft. Leave too late and we look like we look like we are trying to take over the country. I too can yell peace, or freedom, or any other noble virtue. I've been hearing it very loudly from a lot of corners. But I wonder if we really know what it means to have these virtues or what it costs to retain them?

posted by Out Of Jersey | 12:58 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home