Because I have been superpoking Jenn on Facebook she tagged me to do this meme
. And since the most common answer I'd give would be The Bible I'll instead tell you my second choice. Plus, just for Jenn (or anyone who may be interested in reading them), a whole bunch of poems by Rumi
1. One Book That Changed Your Life:Messy Spirituality by Mike Yaconelli -
Taught me it is ok for me to get it wrong once in a while and I will not always get it.
2. One Book You Have Read More Than Once:Too Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Loved it since highschool. In fact, it could easily go up in number one as well.
3. One Book You'd Want On A Desert Island:
Probably an anthology of sorts. There is one of the worlds famous speaches. It's over a thousand pages long so it would keep me occupied for a while.
4. Two Books That Made You Laugh:A Handful Of Dust by Evelyn Waugh
- A commedy of manners. I couldn't stop laughing reading this book. It made looking propper seem so ridiculous.Come Blow Your Horn by Neil Simon
- I was in this play in school. It's just silly.
5. One Book That Made You Cry:On Parole by Akira Yoshimura
- the ending killed me.
6. One Book You Wish You'd Written:The Wasteland by TS Elliot
7. One Book You Wish Was Never Written
I agree with Jenn
8. Two Books You Are Currently Reading:Walden by ThoreauThe Collected Poems Of CK Williams
9. One Book You've Been Meaning To Read:
I think Mcormac's No Country For Old Men
or Into The Wild
If you are interested in doing this consider yourself tagged.
Labels: Books, fun stuff