Monday, February 02, 2009

Weekly Geeks: Passion



I like The Weekly Geek Challenge this time around. It's all about passionate about besides books. It's also kind of a difficult question for me to answer since most of what I am passionate about is in some way book related like keeping journals, writing poetry, and collecting autographs.



There is one thing that really comes to mind that since coming out has really become a big part of my recent life. Last year a little show came out called The Big Bang Theory. I have to admit I was a bit late on the uptake with this show. I don't know why since it seemed to have everything I was looking for in a show. A show about brilliant minds, many references to geek culture, and it is funny. After watching it for a few weeks I wondered if the producers had followed me around in highschool taking notes of me and my buddies. This show brought back so many fond memories of my days hanging out in my one friends basement playing D & D every weekend, going to Star Trek movies with a Klingon Dictionary, and all the other geekdoms of my life. In fact, it helped me to get back into the things that I loved so much during that time that, for one reason or another, I had gotten out of over the years. I am fortunate that I have friends I can still geek out over as we get giddy as a school girl over the next episode of B Star G or the new Watchmen movie that is coming out. It also makes me feel good that, at least for now, people do get who we are. Here are some good clips.
Superman.... I can't tell you all the times my friends and I would argue like this. I remember won time getting really heated with a few friends over who would win in a fight between Captain America and Batman.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Out Of Jersey | 11:19 AM

9 Comments:

Blogger Chrisbookarama said...

I like that show too! I'm still rooting for a Penny/Leonard romance.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

You and me both brother. Would you believe that they were to be 2 separate shows, but thought they'd be better combined? And the original character of penny was played by a different actress who played it more darkly. I am glad they changed it.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Maree said...

I really enjoyed Big Bang Theory. Waiting not-so-patiently for a second season :)

1:03 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

We don't get that here in the UK - but maybe sometime soon?
Thanks for sharing ;0)

6:39 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Dave - you're now the second person in 3 days to rave about Big Bang Theory - my Hulu will get a workout checking it out.

Also a big "yes" to the writing offer - I'll email you for particulars when I'm able to access my personal email.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

And the Geek in me would be remiss if I didn't mention that I recently watched a podcast of iFanboy where the topic was DC/Marvel crossovers, the latest of which had a fight between Captain America and Batman.

It was a draw.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Maree,
I hear you. It is so addicting.

Holistic,
I'd consider it a fair trade. We get the incredible Dr. Who and you get BBT.

Chris,
Sweet! I look forward to that. And you so have to send me the link to the Captain America Vs. Batman thing. What crap that it'd be a draw.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heart Sheldon! I linked you up in my Weekly Geeks post because I love The Big Bang Theory, too!

11:09 PM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Funny you say that, all my buddies heart Penny.

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home