Saturday, July 21, 2007

Life After Potter


With the final Harry Potter book coming out I saw on the news this morning a psychologist teaching parents coping skills to get through their loss. OK, I can appreciate people love the Harry Potter series. Heck, I was giddy as a school boy when I heard they were making a new Dr. Who series. I even dressed up as Doctor Who for Halloween. Twice! And when Sci-fi or fantasy series I particularly loved were done I just moved on to the next series I could find or just re-read them at a later time. All things come to an end. And as scripture says, "...all flesh is like grass". Are we so soft that this is the worse that can happen to us?

Labels: ,

posted by Out Of Jersey | 5:00 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Bar L. said...

You make an excellent point. I understand how enthralled someone can become in a book series like this, it happened to me many times as I was growing up (I felt like Nancy Drew was my best friend). BUT in today's society it's become an obsession. Instead of just a book series there are all sorts of games, toys, clothing, accessories and of course the movies. Its a bit scary that parents have to worry how their kids are going to handle this "loss".

8:11 PM  
Blogger Art said...

Maybe a support group is on the way. Sheesh...

11:03 AM  
Blogger BentonQuest said...

Isn't it just like our society that everything becomes a major trama? We worry so much about our kids doing ok that we don't give them the opportunity to learn how to be disappointed or experience loss.

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home