Thursday, August 17, 2006

Madonna Gets Crucified, Rick Warren Saves The World, And a Ramsey Finds Some Peace


I am greatful that Lutheran Zephyr has saved me the trouble of having to think too hard about Madonna. Seriously, what has she done lately except bit by bit destroy Guy Ritchie's talent? I am not impressed by anything she has done. She tries waaaaaay too hard to be controversial.

Rick Warren is going to be spotlighted on Fox News this weekend. I have to admit, I am intrigued and will hopefully catch it.

And I hate to admit, for years I felt the same way this guy did about Patsy Ramsey.

posted by Out Of Jersey | 7:31 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger LutherPunk said...

Who would have ever thought we would see people as diverse as Rick Warren and Bono as spokepersons for the same causes. What a strange world.

To answer the question they pose: Can Rick Warren save the world?

Uh, no...not alone anyway. But if Christians would follow Martin Luther's advice and become "little christs" in the world, then Christ himself could work through us to end poverty. Maybe I am dreamin' here, but I think it could happen.

I have been very critical of Warren in the past, especially some his theology, but I appreciate that he is helping Christians see that they are not only saved FROM something, but they are also saved FOR something.

4:50 AM  
Blogger Too_Lively said...

Good reading. It went well with my coffee this morning.

The whole Ramsey thing was weird to begin with and has just gotten weirder. I don't know if justice can be served at this late date.

I have been volunteering with the Rape Crisis Center here and have found that, sadly, it is much harder to prove someone of wrong-doing than most of us think. DNA and other physical evidence is not the begin all and end all of the case like most of us believe. Often investigations lead to more questions than answers. It is certainly not like CSI or Law and Order. Not even close. And the worst part is that that is what most jurors expect.

6:18 AM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

LP,
This is the fox news network after all bro. SoIam not really expecting all that much. Still, it'll be fascinating. By the way, dig the new pic, it looks rather gothic. Though I miss the smoking monkey.

Slacker,
I have to admit I had thought that all the DNA evidence had made a lot of the doubt disapear. Shows what I know. And it is starting to turn out that this guy may be laying. Suprise, suprise. He looks like he's enjoying the attention too much.

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home