1. One book that changed your life
I know this is an obvious answer. No other book has meant more to me.
2. One book that you’ve read more than once –
Though I am mostly done with my Vonnegut phaze I can't get enough of this novel. I even went and saw the movie in the theater. It still moves me to this day. I think I'm over due for a read.
3. One book you’d want on a desert island - See number one, it's the only book that I can read over and over again non stop.
4. One book that made you laugh –
I can't get the image of him singing The Oscar Meyer Wiener Song as Billie Holiday. It is a riot. Plus his days as a performance artist. A classic.
5. One book that made you cry –
I felt wiped out after reading this book. I could hardly believe how things had turned out.
6. One book that you wish had been written – How To Get Churches to Stop Sniping at Each Other And Come Back Together To God (Subtitle: That means you stupid, stop your Sniping!)
7. One book you wish had never been written – Many of the books I read in my late teens and early 20's. They didn't help me in understanding God or His will for my life. Just made me focus on myself more instead of Him.
8. One book you’re currently reading –
My fourth or fifth attempt at this book. I get a little farther each time. In this case I joined a reading group that is going to spend the next year going through the book. That should be around the right speed for me.
Along with the companion:
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read – The list is too long for me to have just one. I can't do it. There is one book coming out in a month that I am especially looking forward to getting.
Tagged: Millinerd, Left Cheek, My Irrationalities, Wilmer and anyone else who may want to do it.
posted by Out Of Jersey | 7:14 PM