Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Book Tag


I got tagged by Reforming Slacker so here are my answers:

1. One book that changed your life


I know this is an obvious answer. No other book has meant more to me.










2. One book that you’ve read more than once –



Though I am mostly done with my Vonnegut phaze I can't get enough of this novel. I even went and saw the movie in the theater. It still moves me to this day. I think I'm over due for a read.







3. One book you’d want on a desert island - See number one, it's the only book that I can read over and over again non stop.

4. One book that made you laugh –



I can't get the image of him singing The Oscar Meyer Wiener Song as Billie Holiday. It is a riot. Plus his days as a performance artist. A classic.








5. One book that made you cry –



I felt wiped out after reading this book. I could hardly believe how things had turned out.








6. One book that you wish had been written – How To Get Churches to Stop Sniping at Each Other And Come Back Together To God (Subtitle: That means you stupid, stop your Sniping!)

7. One book you wish had never been written – Many of the books I read in my late teens and early 20's. They didn't help me in understanding God or His will for my life. Just made me focus on myself more instead of Him.

8. One book you’re currently reading –



My fourth or fifth attempt at this book. I get a little farther each time. In this case I joined a reading group that is going to spend the next year going through the book. That should be around the right speed for me.






Along with the companion:













9. One book you’ve been meaning to read – The list is too long for me to have just one. I can't do it. There is one book coming out in a month that I am especially looking forward to getting.

Tagged: Millinerd, Left Cheek, My Irrationalities, Wilmer and anyone else who may want to do it.

posted by Out Of Jersey | 7:14 PM

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Tag...here are mine:
1. One book that changed your life - Like Cubicle Reverend...no book means more to me than the Bible

2. One book that you’ve read more than once – Into The Wild, by John Krakauer

3. One book you’d want on a desert island - Bible

4. One book that made you laugh – The Life of Reilly: The Best Of Sports Illustrated's Rick Reilly, by Rick Reilly

5. One book that made you cry – Of Mice And Men, by Harper Lee
Runner Up: Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser

6. One book that you wish had been written – How To Play Guitar In One Easy Lesson (I've owned a guitar for about 8 years and still don't play...nor try to learn to play...I want to play)

7. One book you wish had never been written – Left Behind series by Tim Lahaye and Jerry Jenkins

8. One book you’re currently reading– Divine Conspiracy by Dallas Willard (reading for the fourth time...amazing!!!).

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read – 1984 by George Orwell.

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I changed To Kill A Mocking Bird to Of Mice And Men, I forgot to change the authors from Harper Lee to John Steinbeck. Just in case anyone cares.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Too_Lively said...

Wes, Of Mice and Men and To Kill a Mockingbird almost made my list too, but I literally bawled like my heart was broken at the end of Wicked so it won.

Cub Rev, I have Me Talk Pretty One Day on my shelf and I think you have inspired me to begin it.

BTW, I like the use of pics in your post.

6:12 AM  
Blogger Darrell said...

I LOVE Breakfast of Champions (the book). It's wonderful. "Make me young! Make me young!" So funny and so sad at the same time. So sweet and painful. That's life, in'it?

What did you think of the movie? I've only seen twenty minutes or so of it and didn't think it was very good. I'd liked to have seen what Charlie Kaufman and Michel Gondry would have done with it.

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

too lively,
I will have to read Wicked...I'm up for a good cry.
Wes

3:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i love the good cry books, i'll check that one out.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cube,
sorry to use your space for my own good, but i need help. i realized as i responded to the book tag that i need to read more fiction...especially modern fiction. this is a call to all "cube heads" to help me by recommending some good books and/or authors that may help me enter into a broader range of books. i am also wanting to read more poetry, so if you can point in that direction as well that would be sweet. especially poetry compilations with a variety of authors and styles. to help please e-mail me (weswilmer@gmail.com) or post on my blog in which i ask my readers to help as well on 8-24 (www.wilmer.typepad.com). thanks in advance.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

loved the title of the book you wished you had written (and the subtitle)

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home