Sunday, October 16, 2005

Kicking It Old School


This morning I visited a church I had attended while in college. Sparing the details things didn't go well and I left being burnt out and hurt. In retrospect I should have handled things differently on my end, speaking up and trying to work things out. I didn't, on both our accounts a lot of good friendships ended poorly. I figured it was time to eat some crow and stop in for a visit, mend old friendships, and see how things changed. I was struck by how much of the church had changed. For one thing the demographic went from mostly elderly Italians to a lot more younger families. Secondly, it's never too late to rebuild a broken relationship. I made sure while I was there to seek out one person in particular. A person I had worked with for a time and that also ended poorly. It ultimately didn't matter. Whatever happened in the past was the past. Life moved on and I probably stayed away longer than I should have. It didn't take us long to sit back and laugh about our time together. I have to admit that was a good time in my life. It was a relieft to go back and to move on.

posted by Out Of Jersey | 2:08 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home