Saturday, February 03, 2007

You guys had the rennaisance!


While working in a book store a friend of mine asked me, "How can you guys go from writing Dante's Inferno to The Left Behind Series? What happened? You guys had the rennaisance!" Good question. It's one I think more believers are starting to ask themselves. According to Chuck Colson there is a modern rennaisance in literature going on. Is this a good thing? I haven't read any of the books mentioned in the article, but going through Chronicles Of Narnia for Sunday School it is making me wonder what role art, literature, and music plays in the life of a believer. I thought I was pretty secure in my belief as the best way to use art for God's glory. Now I am no longer too sure.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Out Of Jersey | 7:30 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger jasdye said...

heard of gilead, of course. but the rest of them are new to me, too.

don't be dismayed by the Left Behind books. a representation of popular fiction anyway. much like the crappy books on the shelves in the "secular" world.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

Interesting article, interesting post. I have read "Abide with Me," and enjoyed it, although it was often difficult on an emotional level.

Good to hear from you, CR!

8:48 AM  
Blogger don't eat alone said...

I think Christian art is at it's best when the word Christian is a description of the artist rather than a marketing label.

Peace,
Milton

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home