Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Does God Want You To Be Rich?


Thanks again to Don't Call Me Veronica for this one. I have been a part of the prosperity Gospel in my younger days. All it did was leave me feeling that I was one of God's children and must be the worst of all sinners because I wasn't being blessed in this manner. The blessing that they offer only leads to bondage. Pray for the people who follow this teaching. Instead, pray we all have a healthier attitude about finances and learn that the greatest blessing we can ever receive is to be called his children.

Labels: ,

posted by Out Of Jersey | 4:28 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah that's exactly right! THanks for the link.

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To answer the question...Does God want you to be rich?...I hope so. That will be sweet!!! Just kidding. I am always put off by the prosperity gospel. It seems to me that God's blessing has the expectation that the blessed will be a blessing. Not have 93 Mercedes while his congregation is poor.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

your last line says it all . . . He is enough.

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home